Sunday, June 27, 2010

Some Facebook Surveys


"A Thoughtful Facebook Survey"


1. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional. with whom would it be?
I think I'd trade places with any of the top contestants on So You Think You Can Dance. I would love to know what that experience is like, and I'd like to be able to dance again with all my abilities back, plus more. Just the opportunity to be choreographed by Wade Robson or Nappytab or Sonya Tayek would make my life, and if I could do their works of art justice.


2. If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be?
Hermione Granger! She's cool, smart, pretty, a loyal friend, and always knows what to do. Who doesn't love Hermione?


3. What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
Rest in Pieces. Haha just kidding. I don't really care right now.


4. Do you speak in a high voice when you are talking to a dog?
Yeah. I do.


6. Have you ever eaten food meant for an animal?
Yeah I've eaten a dog biscuit or two. They're not that bad.


8. Are you friends with any nerdy people?
Yes? Everybody is a nerd in some ways. I also know some extremely smart people, but they're not antisocial geeks or anything.


11. Did you ever have an imaginary friend when you were younger?
No, and answering this question always makes me feel like I have no creativity or something. But I played with dolls a lot, and that is pretty similar. Besides, I had real friends. Ha!


12. Have you ever told a lie, in which you would get into REALLY big rouble if you had told the truth?
No. I do no have the capability for that. If can only lie about small things.


13. Do you believe in God?
Yes.


14. If you do believe, why do you? And if not, why don't you believe?
That's a loaded question. First off, it starts with how I was raised and taught. But also the complexity of our universe is a testament in my mind to something greater that must have created it. Nature, the way the human body works, love. Miracles happen, and prayers are answered, and certain things and small feelings can occur that let me know someone is looking out for us.


17. Is the cup half full, or half empty right now?
I would definitely say half full. That's the optimistic one, right? It always confuses me because in my mind, half full sounds pessimistic. Like "It's only half full. Where is the rest?" type of thing. But the point is, I'm optimistic about life right now. Well deep down I am always trying to have a positive outlook towards the future and trusting in God that he has a plan for me, but as of late, I am feeling particularly happy.


18. Have you ever tried to do "the worm" while underwater?
Lol, no. Who does that? Freaks.


20. Some guy in an alley kidnaps you. He says that you will choose one of your best friends to die. If you say you don't pick one, then he kills you. What would you say?
Kill me. As long as it's not a torturous and horribly painful death, I think I can choke out the right answer and be the hero. But who knows until I get in that situation? Which will never happen anyway, cause how often do people kidnap innocent bystanders and just randomly threaten to kill their friends?






"Scattegories"


Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following:


You are: Shannon! Sassy, smart, sarcastic.
Famous Music artist or group: Ssssaving Abel? They're pretty up there, at least.
3 letter word: Sob
Street name:  Second Street. Haha.
Color: Silver
Gift or present: Silly String
Vehicle: Subaru
TV Show: So You Think You Can Dance
Country: Slovakia
Boy Name: Seth
Girl Name: Shannon. duh. or Sophie. Sydney. Stacey.
Alcoholic drink: Screwdriver
Occupation: Student, which I am. orrrr Stylist, Hair. Sales Representative.
Flower: Sunflower
Celebrity: Steven Spielberg
Food: Spaghetti
Something found in a kitchen: Stove
Reason for Being Late: Stopped by a chatty neighbor on your way out the door.



"20 Controversial Questions"

Do you have the guts take this survey? Yeah.

Would you do meth if it was legalized? No.

Abortion: for or against it? Against.

Do you think the world would fail with a female president? No, certainly the WORLD would not fail. The country may fail for a large number of reasons, but so far we've had some pretty questionable presidents and we're still running. Anybody can be the right leader, they just have to have the right balance of qualities and characteristics. 

Do you believe in the death penalty? So far, yes. But admittedly, I have a lot to learn, so my opinion is not based off a whole lot. 

Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already? No.

Are you for or against premarital sex? I'm not sure. I don't care what other people do with their reproductive organs, but in my life, I think I'm against it. I definitely don't want my husband to have had sex with a whole lot of women because that leaves nothing special for me. It's a gift you can only give once, and it should be saved for the right person. 

Do you believe in God? We already went through this.

Do you think same sex marriage should be legalized? Yes. I understand some laws are based on morals and what-not, like how murder shall not be tolerated, but to say gay people can't marry is delving too far into certain religions that do not apply to everyone living in this country. Sure, God didn't create Adam and Steve, but it's not really anybody's place to say two people can't get married because they are of the same sex. 

Do you think it's wrong that so many Hispanics are illegally moving to the country? Technically it's not wrong (if they're legal) but honestly, it IS annoying. 

A twelve year old girl has a baby, should she keep it? Heavens, no! What kind of idiot would answer otherwise?

Should the alcohol age be lowered to eighteen? No.

Should the war in Iraq be called off? No comment. 

Assisted suicide is illegal: do you agree? Is it? I don't know. I feel like it is, or it should be. 

Do you believe in spanking children? I'll figure out when I get there, but I don't think I could bring myself to hurt my child, and actually I don't see how anybody else could. So I guess the answer is no. 

Would you burn an American flag for a million dollars? Hmmm. On another survey I have answered that I think burning American flags should be illegal, but to this question I almost said yes. I think burning a flag is only bad when the reasons behind it are bad, kind of like how cursing is only offensive because of the meaning or feeling behind the words. Words and actions are just ways of expressing how we feel, so if I were to burn a flag for a million dollars, it wouldn't be because I am bashing my country. And I hope others would understand that as well. I guess if it were made into a public spectacle, I would also have to take into account what people will say and think. 

Who do you think would be a better president: McCain or Obama? I think Obama is doing an ok job. I didn't really follow that election because I wasn't going to be old enough to vote. I know, I know, I still should've payed attention, but politics are just hard for me to keep up with. 

Do you think Obama will be killed? I don't like that this is the second Obama question on this survey. 

Should child predators be forced to wear signs identifying themselves? Actually that sounds like a good idea in theory. Scarlet Letter type thing. Which, actually, was pretty dumb and ineffective, but the child predator one could be useful in more ways than one.

Are you afraid others will judge you from reading some of your answers? Kinda, yeah, but not really. I haven't fully divulged any really personal or controversial viewpoints in these surveys today. 

No comments: