Friday, April 1, 2011

March 31st Stuff

So, yeah, I'm up late and the date on this post is going to be April 1st, but it's really me reflecting on the day of March 31st. Speaking of which, I still need to go sneak into my little brother's room to change his clock forward an hour so he gets ready for school an hour early. I wish I had more time to prepare for April Fool's pranks, but when I wasn't busy doing something else this week, it simply was not on my mind.

Anyway. Things I liked about today:

* My shoe purchases: The main one being the yellow converse I've wanted for a really long time. They're perfect for summer and they almost didn't have my size but I made myself fit into a 7, and not too uncomfortably either. Then I got a pair of white sneakers that were on sale. Oh, but the cool thing about the yellow sneakers was that I wore them right away because they matched my yellow nail polish. Actually my whole outfit today matched and made me happy.

* The warm, springy weather!! The daytime temperatures were awesome, and continue into the night. While walking from my car to the house in just a blouse and quarter sleeve sweater (and jeans, of course), I was not chilly at all. Praise the Lord!

* Strawberry crepes at Village Inn. Man, those things are just heavenly. I could probably eat them all day.

* Getting to play catch up on my sleep. I had many strange dreams this morning as I continually woke up and went back to sleep, because I had hours to do so. In one of them I attended a free rock concert that was on the edge of what seemed to be the Grand Canyon, and lots of people were there and it was very chillaxed. I remarked to one of my companions that it was like one of the gatherings where Jesus spontaneously spoke on a hill and people flocked to him. Then in another one of my dreams I came to a colony of people who were living on the outskirts of the city, and I discovered that I and everyone else there were mini-sized in comparison to the real humans that we just never saw in the world. We were like Thumbelina, except for the part about being born out of a flower. And we went up on a hill and flew a giant kite (it was giant now that I discovered how tiny we were) by having a bunch of people hang on to it from underneath and just ... flying down the hill I guess. It was interesting. Made a lot more sense in the dream, though.

* The website full of math and science jokes/puns that I found today. An example of one would be what I used as my status on facebook, which a number of my friends liked: "Time between slipping on a peel and smacking the pavement: 1 bananosecond." The majority aren't as easily understood, though, unless you've taken calculus. It makes me miss that subject even more, and the fact that I used to be in the company of so many people who would appreciate those jokes. But that's another story.

* Plans for my conjoined birthday party at Boondocks. Which is going to be 90s themed. Yeah, that's right. Be jealous. For my 20th birthday I will be playing laser tag, racing go-karts, and eating pizza whilst memorializing the jelly sandals and scrunchy ponytails of the 90s fashion in its full glory. And that is all for tonight.

No comments: